Mix the paint with some water while painting, otherwise it is too thick.
Before you start, go through all the stages.
What you need
- Talens Art Creation gouache set
- Talens Art Creation gouache brushes (flat and fine brushes for example made of filament / polyester)
- Kneadable eraser to fade any lines or rub them out completely
- Jars of water for thinning paint and for cleaning brushes during and after painting
- Tear-off palette or mixing tray
Lightly outline the drawing with charcoal. Trace the lines with thinned paint. Use Light blue (cyan) and Deep rose (magenta) for this. Leave out the small details as these will be done in step 4.
Paint the background with Yellow ochre. Start with the colours of the houses. Gouache is an opaque paint; after two layers of paint the colour is intense enough.
Paint the street in various shades of grey; mix Deep green with Light blue (cyan) and a little bit of orange for this. You make orange by mixing Deep rose (magenta) with Lemon yellow (primary). Make the grey lighter by mixing it with White. Paint the background with Yellow ochre and White. Use various colours for the houses.