Royal Talens believes it is of great importance that personal data is handled with care. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. We adhere to the requirements of the privacy legislation.
That means, for example, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy statement;
- restrict the collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- not to pass on your details to third parties, unless this is necessary to provide the requested service or when we are legally obliged to do so;
- when we share your data, make agreements with third parties to ensure that they are not used for other purposes;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our instructions;
respect your right to provide your personal data for inspection, correct or delete.
Use of personal data
When using our services and websites, you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. We do not always process all the data below. That depends on which services and functionalities you choose to use on our websites. For example, we only process your CV when you apply online with us and your telephone number only when you make a contact request with us.
Depending on the services and functionalities that you use on our websites, we may process the following personal data from you:
- company details
- e-mail address
- user name
- information that you enter yourself in an open field, such as a forum post or a message in the contact form
- profile name
- screen name
- Your surfing behavior on our websites
- Phone number
We process the above data for one or more of the following purposes (depending on which services or functionalities you use):
- to offer you the opportunity to order articles via our websites and to make use of all functionalities and services on the websites.
- to process your order and inform you about its progress.
- to process your application.
- to process your complaint about a company or your reaction to a complaint.
- to approach you about your complaint because we want to do research on this
- to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail.
- to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests.
- to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other actions, so that we can reach you when you have won something and can improve our services.
- to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by mail or by telephone.
- to improve our websites.
Provision to third parties
We pass on the information you provide to third parties, if this is necessary for the delivery of the products ordered by you, or services requested. We pass on your details to the mail deliverer to deliver the order to you.
When we provide your information to a third party, we provide, among other things (with an agreement), that your data will not be used for other purposes. We also agree that your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police will request information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
Security and storage
We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to your personal data. We have an Information Security Policy for this. In this way we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly. We do not store the data longer than necessary. We use a standard retention period of two years. This means that we will delete your data two years after you were a member and / or active. If there is another storage period, we will inform you of this. With the exception of this, the data that we have to keep longer because the law obliges us to do so, such as data for the tax authorities.
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are connected to our website by means of links. We can not guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure way. Always read the privacy statement of this website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
If you are 16 or younger, you may only use our website under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. We never use your details without permission for purposes other than what you gave them for.
It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Access, correction, modification and deletion of your data
If you have an account you can log in to view and change your data. Also, every e-mail we send you includes an option to unsubscribe or to adjust your data.
To prevent misuse, we ask you to identify yourself adequately by a written request for inspection, by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity. Do not forget to shield your personal identification numbers and your passport photo on the copy. For example, you can use the 'Copy ID' app for this. Even if you submit your application by telephone, we will need to be able to identify you on the basis of the information known to us before we will process your request.
When you submit a request for inspection, correction, amendment and / or deletion, we ensure that your request is processed within four weeks. If we can not handle it within this period, we will notify you.
Authority Personal Data
Of course we would be happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not come out with us, then you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the privacy guard, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this or the Data Protection Authority in your country.
Entry into force
This (renewed) privacy statement came into effect on 25 May 2018.