Soft Pastel Violet 536.9
Rembrandt soft pastels have been the world’s most commonly used pastel for many years. Each colour in the extensive range is made according to a unique formula. The raw materials used for each new batch go through very strict quality control. Rembrandt soft pastels are based on the purest types of kaolin and high concentrations of premium-quality pigments that offer the highest degrees of lightfastness.
Rembrandt soft pastels
- Vibrant, pure soft pastels, available in whole and half sticks
- Made with high concentrations of premium-quality pigments
- Offers excellent colour transfer and the highest degree of lightfastness
- Free of metal-based pigments (lead, cadmium and cobalt)
- Available in 218 very pure and intense colours
- Skilfully crafted in the Netherlands since 1899
The Rembrandt soft pastel range offers various so-called intermediate shades that are pre-mixed with different amounts of black and white, so dark and light gradations of colour do not have to be mixed. The Rembrandt soft pastel range consists of 44 pure colours (full tones), 56 colours mixed with black and 118 colours mixed with white. The extra-soft white pastel with the name White Supersoft (101,5) was specially developed for applying light accents in the final layers.
The colour number and code indicate whether a colour has been diluted and in what capacity. Each colour has its own number. The pure colours are followed by the code ,5. Intermediate shades mixed with black are indicated by codes ,2 and ,3. Codes ,7 to ,12 indicate intermediate shades mixed with an increasing amount of white.