European Key Account Manager
Looking for an exciting new opportunity within the creative colour industry? Then join us!
European Key Account Manager
Fulltime | Office location: Remote
Ready for your best work yet?
Creativity is one of the most powerful human assets. It stimulates our ability to express ourselves, to learn and to connect. It has the power to make the world a better place. Ever since we discovered that in 1899, it has been our goal to stimulate as many people as possible to express their creativity.
In this role you are responsible for managing existing strategic channels and exploring new ones, with a key focus on business development of the European markets. The main goal is to maximize sales and profit opportunities for Royal Talens, umbrella brands and associated products cross border.
About Royal Talens
Royal Talens is a manufacturer of fine art paints and supplier of a wide assortment of creative products. Founded in 1899 and nowadays a leading player in the global fine art market, with renowned brands like Rembrandt, Amsterdam, Van Gogh, Cobra and Sakura. Our products find their way to artists, illustrators, graphical designers, creative hobbyists, children and educational institutes in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Royal Talens has own affiliate companies in The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, United Kingdom, North America, China and Japan. In total some 500 employees are working at Royal Talens across these 13 countries.
What are your most important activities?
- Explore new markets, draw up plans to establish new international business.
- Focus on cross border key accounts, mainly in European markets.
- Develop cross border key account plans and convert into specific sales activities, where necessary by visiting the customers.
- Utilizing market instruments, including prices, margins, technical service, advertising, logistics, etc. within vested rights.
- Initiate, develop and launch campaigns (for existing and new markets) in corporation with the (local/international) marketing executive.
- Generate, analyse and evaluate sales figures in relation to objectives (budget, market- and competition developments).
- Monitor the sales and return, manage on profitability for the designated channels and key accounts.
- Deliver and exceed both financial and productivity targets.
What do we expect from you?
- Multiple years of experience as a European Key Account Manager in cross border sales, fine art and/or mass retail.
- Be capable to initiate and lead sales projects and participate in interdisciplinary projects.
- Willing to travel regularly to our headquarters at Apeldoorn.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be maintaining communication with possible new international clients, key clients and main suppliers. In addition, you maintain and improve contact with other departments of the company in order to coordinate activities and support and work closely together with local affiliate sales and marketing teams.
- Good analytical skills; Acquiring monthly accounting information for the study of the effectiveness of sales activities. Being able to make necessary correcting actions in the event of renunciation of hitherto stipulated sales activities.
- Knowledge of European pricing policy. Work along the lines of the European pricing policy.
- Active participation in planning of new marketing activities and other necessary actions.
- Fluent in English, preferably also in Dutch and/or more languages (French/German)
What do we offer?
We offer you a challenging position in which you can fully utilize your creativity and you will have plenty of room for your own ideas. Furthermore, we offer you excellent working conditions such as a minimum of 35 leave and vacation days. You will be part of a small, dedicated and energetic team and will report directly to the Commercial Director.
Is this your best work(day) yet?
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV)! You can send your application directly to RecruitmentNL@royaltalens.com.
Do you have any questions about the vacancy? No problem! For more information you can call Anneloes van der Horst (HR) +31 6 15135359, or Yara van den Bos (HR) +31 6 25157548.