This step-by-step plan has been painted using the wet-on-wet technique: The painting process continued while the oil paint was still wet.
Before you start, go through all the stages.
What you need
- Talens Art Creation oil colours set
- Talens Art Creation stretched canvas 24 x 30 cm
- Talens Art Creation oil colour brushes (flat brushes for larger areas, smaller brushes for details)
- Talens Art Creation painting knife for mixing the paint
- Pencil or charcoal
- Kneadable eraser to fade any lines or rub them out completely
- Tear-off palette
- White spirit for cleaning the brushes
- Before you start, go through all the steps.
- If you want to work without solvents and produce a similar end result, you can work with Cobra water-mixable oil paint.
Lightly copy the drawing using charcoal or pencil. Leave out
any details; these will be dealt with in steps 3 and 4.
Paint the sky using ultramarine and cerulean blue. Paint the sky darker at the top and lighter further down. Mix blue with titanium white and a tiny amount of yellow. Use white for the clouds on the wet blue. Paint the land alternating between light and dark green (permanent green, yellow, ultramarine blue and titanium white).
Use various shades of green for the trees. Mix permanent green using tiny amounts of carmine, burnt umber or yellow. Use dark green for shadows on the trees (permanent green with a tiny amount of carmine or burnt umber). For the house use carmine and yellow ochre with white. Do not paint any details on the house. Make the clouds more intense with extra ultramarine and white.
Paint the gate using burnt umber, titanium white and yellow ochre. For the olive branches in the foreground use burnt umber, yellow ochre, carmine and titanium white. Paint the olive leaves olive green (yellow ochre and a tiny amount of permanent green) and dark green (permanent green, and a tiny amount of red). Paint the olives olive green and yellowish green. Add patches of light using white/yellow. Create shadows on the olives using dark green (green and a tiny amount of red).Download PDF