The painting comprises many colours. These colours have been created by mixing the colours of the set together. A useful tip is to first practise a little with mixing colours on a piece of paper. In this way you can develop your own colours. The example would also become increasingly more your own painting.
Before you start, go through all the stages.
What you need
- Talens Art Creation acrylic colours set
- Talens Art Creation stretched canvas 24 x 30 cm
- Talens Art Creation set of brushes for acrylic colours, for example the polyester brush set with both round and flat brushes
- Kneadable eraser to fade any lines or to rub them out completely
- Jar of water for thinning the paint and cleaning the brushes during and after painting
- Tear-off palette
Lightly outline the drawing with charcoal. Trace the drawing with thinned acrylic colours. Use yellow ochre and primary cyan for this.
Paint the sections using different colours. Make various shades of red by mixing naphthol red medium with primary yellow or burnt umber.
Intensify the colours by painting several layers of paint over one another. Paint the yellow section using various shades of yellow by mixing primary yellow with yellow ochre or with naphthol red medium.