Stretched Canvas Linen 100 x 120 cm
Talens offers a wide range of high-quality stretched canvasses. This canvas is made of 100% linen, weighs 360 grams per m² and offers a medium texture of 12.5 x 12.5 threads per cm². The laths of this canvas are 2.5 x 6.5 cm thick. To support its frame structure, this canvas has been equipped with two extra laths that form a cross.
Linen is a sturdy material with a characteristic texture that is often used with oil paint and is heavier and stronger than cotton. This makes it highly suitable for use with heavier materials such as small objects, various mediums and thicker coats of paint. Linen can be stretched tighter than other materials, which minimises the chances of the canvas warping or bending. Talens offers a wide range of cotton canvasses as well.
About Talens canvasses
- Premium quality, made in Europe with FSC-certified wood.
- Universally prepared for use with oil, acrylic and water-mixable oil colours.
- Primer applied by hand consisting of one layer of natural glue and two layers of acid-free, acrylic-based gesso.
- Beading (rounded raised edge) ensures the canvas does not touch the frame.
- All canvasses are fitted with extra beechwood pegs for re-tensioning.