Textile Silk set Basic | 4 x 50 ml
Customise silk and other light-coloured fabric items with Talens Art Creation Textile Silk dye. This set of dyes in 4 basic colours can be used to completely change the colour of clothing items and accessories such as scarves and T-shirts, but for fabric home décor items as well. Apply the dye with a brush for precise placement or use dip-dye or tie-dye techniques for a more colourful pattern. Fix the fabric with an iron after dyeing to preserve the colours and enjoy your custom design!
Contents: 4 x 50 ml (2004 Sunny Yellow – 3023 Powerful Red – 5004 Brilliant Blue – 6006 Grass Green).
How to use:
- For the best results, pre-wash the fabric item without fabric softener. Wetting the fabric with water before dyeing will help the dyes blend more easily.
- Cover the surface you will be working on with plastic to protect it.
- Apply the dye directly to the fabric using a brush or use dip-dye or tie-dye techniques. For even more intense colours, allow the dyes to be absorbed for 24 hours before heat fixing and washing the item. For lighter colours, rinse the item in water before heat setting.
- Fix the colours using an iron on a silk/cotton setting for 5 minutes with protective paper (such as parchment paper) between the fabric and iron.
- After heat setting, silk items are only washable by hand. All other fabrics will be washable up to 104 °F/40 °C and suitable for the dryer. Wash the item separately in cold water for the first time to prevent the colours from bleeding. Let the item dry completely and enjoy your new custom design!