Acrylic varnish 114 gloss 250 ml
Protect your work from dust, dirt and other external influences with Amsterdam acrylic varnishes. Make your work last and give it the protection it deserves. Amsterdam varnishes come in spray cans and bottles and are available in matt, satin, gloss and high gloss finishes. These varnishes provide a durable, flexible, reversible and non-yellowing seal to not only acrylic paintings, but oil paintings as well!
Before you varnish, take the following into account:
- Ensure the varnish and your painting are at room temperature during application and drying. If they are not, a white cast may appear on your work, since changes in temperature can cause condensation under the layer of varnish.
- If you use the matt or satin varnish from a bottle, shake very well before use. Apply the varnish in one direction using a brush to make sure you achieve a beautifully even surface.
- Make sure to apply varnish from a bottle in a single layer only. Multiple layers may cause inconsistencies in sheen.
Amsterdam acrylic varnish
- Apply when paint film has dried completely (4 to 5 days with normal film thickness)
- Shake well before use
- Apply with a brush in one layer and in one direction
- Dries in a few hours
- Does not yellow
- Can be thinned with white spirit
- Clean brushes with white spirit
- Flammable (in spray can: extremely flammable)
- Dry varnish layers can be removed with white spirit
Italy only / solo Italia:
Raccolta differenziata. Controlla le linee guida minicipali locali. Raccolta di cartone. Collezione di vetro.
European safety information
- Flammable liquid and vapour.
- Causes skin irritation.
- May cause an allergic skin reaction.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
- Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.